Psychiatric Epidemiology [EP12]
4 full weekdays
Prof. Henning Tiemeier, MD, PhD , Prof. Frank Verhulst, MD, PhD, and invited speakers.
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Some knowledge of basic epidemiological issues.
Detailed information about this course:
This four-day course focuses on the principles and practice of psychiatric epidemiology. Basic concepts and issues that are specific to both child and adult psychiatric epidemiology are covered. Psychiatric issues that will be used to illustrate concepts and practice of psychiatric epidemiology include: prevalence studies, longitudinal studies, the role of risk and resilience, and genetic epidemiology. Invited speakers will cover particular topics such as migration and psychiatirc disorder, the epidemiology of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and addiction in more detail.
Maximum 40 participants.
- Understanding the basic concepts of psychiatric epidemiology;
- Ability to evaluate and judge applied psychiatric research.
Epidemiologists, psychiatrists and everyone interested in psychiatric epidemiology.
Reduction on fees
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Health Policy and Management
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).