Principles of Research in Medicine and Epidemiology [ESP01]
Monday to Friday (5 mornings)
Prof. Arfan Ikram
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Arfan Ikram, MD PhD
This course will provide an orientation to medical research from a quantitative and epidemiological viewpoint. The course will give an introduction to the design of clinical and public health research, and it will discuss measures of disease frequency and association, and the validity of research in medicine. It will give an overview of elements of data-analysis.
Interactive lectures, exercises, practicals
- Understanding the design and data-analysis of clinical and public health research.
- Gaining insight in measures of disease frequency and association, and the validity of research in medicine.
Those interested in quantitative topics in clinical research, public health research and epidemiology.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 ECTS)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Health Policy and Management
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).