Pharmaco-epidemiology and Drug Safety [EWP03]
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
Prof. Bruno Stricker, PhD, Katia Verhamme, PhD, Sabine Straus, PhD
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
- Pharmaco Epidemiology
Detailed information about this course:
Pharmaco-epidemiology plays a role of increasing importance in the field of drug safety and regulatory decision making. On the one hand, the introduction of computers into clinical practice facilitates the performance of large-scale cohort studies and nested case-control studies. On the other hand, it creates some problems regarding the quality of outcome and exposure assessment. Because the commercial consequences of pharmaco-epidemiological studies may be enormous, discussions in this area may be heated.
In this course, referring to established drug safety problems will highlight some of the complex aspects of outcome and exposure assessment in pharmaco-epidemiology.
Plenary teaching as well as computer exercises on the analysis of cohort- and case-control data.
Understanding the complex aspects of outcome and exposure assessment in pharmaco-epidemiology.
Medical doctors and pharmacists, as well as health care workers and experts from the pharmaceutical industry.
Attendance, Written exam
Reduction on fees
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Health Policy and Management
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).