Health Services: Research and Practice [HS15]
Prof. Niek Klazinga, PhD, Dionne Kringos, PhD
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Methods of Health Services Research (ESP42) or equivalent course.
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
The course explores the various hurdles in linking the principles of health services research with the realities of practice. Researchers will be taught how to become more sensitive to the information needs of practitioners, managers and policy makers and how to make their studies more practice-oriented while balancing methodological requirements.
The various steps of the research cycle will be discussed (formulation of the research question, study design, data-collection, analysis and presentation of results), and for each step the focus will be on the research-practice interface. In addition to classical research plans, the activities before the study is designed and the follow-up activities to promote implementation in practice, will be highlighted. Special emphasis will be put on the independent role of the researcher in the various forms of evaluation research. The course will be a combination of lectures and exercises and on the third day participants will be asked to present their own practice-based health services research proposal.
This module is offered in cooperation with the CaRe research school and is developed at the request of ZonMw (Netherlands Organisation for Health Research).
- Increasing the knowledge of researchers on the interaction between health services research and practice during the various stages of the health process.
- Developing skills to optimise the relation between health services research and practice.
- Working on a more practice oriented attitude of health services researchers.
Health services researchers.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 ECTS)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).