Implementation Science [CE18]
Monday to Friday
Dr. Erwin Ista
- Clinical Epidemiology
Detailed information about this course:
Those of us who work in health care know that promising research results or evidence-based guidelines do not easily become standard of clinical care. Therefore, a next step, also known as implementation and dissemination, is needed after the results of a RCT or guidelines are published. The field of implementation science has emerged, and this multidisciplinary field with professionals from medicine, nursing, psychology, pharmacy, engineering, aims to enhance the uptake of research-based knowledge in real-world settings.
The course includes lectures, guest speakers, and interactive workshops. During these workshops, participants work on a proposal for an implementation (research) project. The proposals will be presented on the last day.
Topics for lectures/curriculum
- Introduction to Implementation Science
- Frameworks, and models in implementation science
- Individual and contextual influences on implementation
- Effective implementation & use of change strategies
- Implementation research & outcomes
- De-Implementation (de-adoption)
- Publishing implementation research
At the end of this course, students are able to:
- Identify and understand relevant terms, definitions, and concepts in implementation science
- Understand the role of theory, frameworks, and models in implementation science
- Identify the role of intervention adaptation, fidelity, and stakeholder engagement in implementation science
- Apply study designs and research methods commonly used to answer scientific questions in implementation science
- Identify strategies for increasing the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of evidence-based healthcare improvement and disease prevention interventions in a variety of healthcare and public health settings
- Write an implementation research proposal
Healthcare professionals, clinical researchers, policy makers and people involved in an implementation project within healthcare services, or planning to carry out.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for participation of Erasmus MC PhD candidates
Please note that in case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above and Erasmus MC PhD candidates).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.