Women's Health [EP19]
Maryam Kavousi, MD, PhD, Jeanine Roeters van Lennep, MD, PhD, Hans Duvekot, MD, PhD, Prof. Oscar Franco, MD, PhD, and invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
This course has been moved to the Erasmus Summer Programme under the name 'Gender and Health' [ESP78 and ESP79].
The department of Epidemiology, in collaboration with the department of Internal Medicine at Erasmus University Medical Center, offers medical and health professionals a comprehensive course in Women’s Health. This course brings together experts in women’s health from a multitude of disciplines and provides participants with resources that will assist them in broadening and strengthening clinical care and research programs that are aimed at improving women’s health and well-being. The course will focus on the critical issues that affect women’s health throughout the life cycle.
Our main purpose is to provide participants interested in improving women’s health and well-being with essential knowledge and principle skills from several disciplines.
For NIHES Master students, this is a 3-day elective course. For people who attend this course as a short course, it is also possible to attend 1, 2 or 3 days of this course, as part a, b and c. Topics for each course day is to be announced:
Women’s Health: day 1 (EP19a)
Women’s Health: day 2 (EP19b)
Women’s Health: day 3 (EP19c)
The number of ECTS per day is 0.3 ECTS and the course fee per day is €210.00. This year we have not requested for accreditation of the various associations for medical doctors.
At the end of the course, participants will have developed:
- An understanding of the multiple determinants of women’s health.
- An ability to identify the critical issues affecting women’s health throughout the life cycle.
- Perspectives on advancing women’s health in primary and secondary health care settings.
This course is aimed at motivated general practitioners, gynecologists, cardiologists, internists, oncologists, neurologists, psychologists, nurses, epidemiologists, and public health scientists wishing to expand their knowledge and become leaders in women’s health.For NIHES Master students, this is a 3-day elective course. For people who attend Women’s Health as a short course, it is also possible to attend 1, 2 or 3 days of the course.
Attendance, Written exam
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your supervisor/promotor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.