Regression Analysis [ESP09]
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
Prof. Brian Marx
Course Introduction to Data-analysis (ESP03) or equivalent knowledge.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Brian Marx, PhD
This intermediate level course aims at providing theoretical and practical training for epidemiologists, clinicians and other professionals of related health disciplines in statistical modeling with particular emphasis on straight line linear and multiple regression. Included topics are: review of straight line regression and correlation, ANOVA for straight line regression, appropriateness of straight line model, polynomial regression, multiple regression analysis, partial F-test, dummy/indicator variables, statistical interaction, comparing straight line regressions, analysis of covariance, estimation and interpretation, goodness-of-fit, model selection, collinearity and outlier diagnostics. Additionally, extensions to some generalized linear models, such as logistic (binomial) regression and Poisson regression, will be introduced and interpreted through examples-- thus helping to bridge the material presented in ESP66 (Logistic Regression).
This course is equivalent to Regression Analysis for Clinicians (EWP23).
//Please note that the course information is subject to change and will be updated from time to time. We will do our utmost best to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information on this website.//
- Students will learn the fundamental methods of statistical regression modeling for continuous response variables;
- Students will learn how to build and interpret a variety of multiple regression models, including models with continuous, nominal/indicator, and polynomial explanatory regressor variables;
- Students will become familiar with outlier and collinearity diagnostics to refine models, as well as statistical software packages for computing multiple regression models.
Epidemiologists, clinicians and other professionals of related health disciplines, who are looking for theoretical and practical training in statistical modeling with particular emphasis on straight line linear and multiple regression.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.