Genomics in Molecular Medicine [ESP57]
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
Prof. André Uitterlinden, Dr. Joyce van Meurs, Dr. Fernando Rivadeneira
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Familiarity with general genetic concepts.
- Genetic Epidemiology
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. André Uitterlinden, PhD, Joyce van Meurs, PhD, Fernando Rivadeneira, MD PhD
Molecular genetics plays an increasingly important role in medical research. The course addresses various molecular principles relevant for genetic epidemiological research. Different approaches to localize disease genes will be discussed. Cloning of disease genes will be discussed from the bench point of view and with the use of modern bioinformatical methods.The course is particularly interesting for clinicians and epidemiologists who wish to be introduced in methods for identifying (complex) disease genes and its practical applications and basic knowledge of molecular biology.
- To understand the background of the application of molecular techniques in medicine and epidemiology
- To understand how disease genes are identified
- To be updated about advances in molecular genetics and population genomics
The course is particularly interesting for clinicians and epidemiologists who wish to be introduced in methods for identifying (complex) disease genes and its practical applications and basic knowledge of molecular biology.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 ECTS)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field).