Public Health Research: Analysis of Determinants [HS02b]
Weekdays, except Wednesday
Prof. Lex Burdorf, ir. PhD, Frank van Lenthe, PhD, and others.
Methods of Public Health Research (ESP11) and Analysis of Population Health (HS02a)
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
Public Health Research: from Epidemiology to Health Promotion
Module: Analysis of Determinants
This module elaborates on research of the analysis of determinants of and inequalities in population health and risk factors of disease. Students will be introduced in:
- current insights in the main determinants of population health and risk factors of disease;
- determinants of inequalities in population health;
- research methods for the analysis of these determinants and
- challenges for future research in these issues.
Note: HS02a, HS02b and HS02c will be tested after the HS02c course! If you are taking all three courses, you need to pass all three courses separately.
- Ability to analyse the determinants of population health and disease;
- Ability to analyse environmental and psychosocial determinants of exposure to risk factors.
Attendance, Written exam
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.