From Problem to Solution in Public Health [HS18]
Tuesday to Friday (full days)
E. van Beeck, PhD, G.J. Meerkerk, PhD, Prof. D. van de Mheen, PhD
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
The current challenges in public health require a strong link between science, policy and practice. This link is bi-directional. Professionals in practice can use their vast experience to guide better and more targeted research. Policy makers can identify which solutions may work or not and researchers can provide better evidence for public health programmes.
In two Master Classes experienced researchers and policy makers will work together with participants on major public health problems. The public health problems selected are addiction & substance use, and injuries. Through intensive interaction participants will learn (1) how to make a comprehensive analysis of the problem, (2) how this analysis will guide the required evidence-base for tackling the problems, and (3) how to plan and evaluate appropriate preventive interventions.
The Master Classes are restricted to 25 participants and will require an intense, active participation.
Attendance, Assignment(s), Presentation(s)
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 ECTS)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field).