Qualitative Research Methods in Medicine [MP06]
Course spans 5 full days
Dr. M. Lugtenberg, Dr. J.A.C. Rietjens, Dr. L.W. Kranenburg
Detailed information about this course:
Qualitative research is becoming more prominent in medicine and health care. In this 5-day course, students will be introduced to the basic principles of qualitative research methods in medicine. Students will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to design, conduct and report on qualitative research. In addition, the basic principles of data-analysis using the qualitative data analysis program NVivo will be taught.
After this course, students are able to:
- Understand the scientific paradigm of qualitative research.
- Develop an appropriate qualitative research question and research protocol.
- Conduct an (online or face to face) in-depth interview and focus group.
- Apply the basic principles of qualitative data analysis using the qualitative data analysis program NVivo.
- Critically assess the rigor of a qualitative study.
(PhD)students and other researchers who have no or limited experience with qualitative research.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.