Integration module [PU04]
Prof. Alex Burdorf and the research supervisors of the students in the Public Health programme.
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
Master students in Public Health will have to demonstrate their ability to integrate their knowledge and expertise into evidence-based advice for policy makers and practitioners. Based on the (draft) research paper the student will make a presentation of 10 minutes, addressing the following topics:
- What is the problem addressed?- How does your study contribute to this problem?
- How will your results impact population health?
- What action should policy makers and professionals take?
- These presentations will be followed by a discussion with faculty and fellow students. In addition, students are required to write a one page reflection on the courses in the programme.
- Ability to integrate various perspectives, concepts and approaches that have been taught in the master's of Public Health programme.
- Ability to formulate implications of research projects for public health.
Only for students attending the MSc in Health Sciences , with specialisation Public Health.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your supervisor/promotor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.