Integration module [PU04]
Prof. Alex Burdorf and the research supervisors of the students in the Public Health programme.
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
Master students in Public Health will have to demonstrate their ability to integrate their knowledge and expertise into evidence-based advice for policy makers and practitioners. Based on the (draft) research paper the student will make a presentation of 10 minutes, addressing the following topics:
- What is the problem addressed?- How does your study contribute to this problem?
- How will your results impact population health?
- What action should policy makers and professionals take?
- These presentations will be followed by a discussion with faculty and fellow students. In addition, students are required to write a one page reflection on the courses in the programme.
- Ability to integrate various perspectives, concepts and approaches that have been taught in the master's of Public Health programme.
- Ability to formulate implications of research projects for public health.
Only for students attending the MSc in Health Sciences, with specialisation Public Health.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.