Public Health in Low and Middle Income Countries [PU06]
Weekdays (except for Ascension, Friday in 1st week, Wednesday in 2nd week and Whit Monday)
Prof. O. Franco, MD PhD, Wilma Stolk, PhD, Jan Hendrik Richardus, PhD, Prof. A. Burdorf, ir, PhD and invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
This module aims to teach methods to assess the health of populations in low and middel income countries and to quantitatively evaluate the effects of interventions on population health. Students are taught use modern techniques as health impact assessment to predict changes in population health due to particular programmes, for example control programmes for infectious diseases.
After completion the student is able to:
- Quantify population health by using population-based;
- Measures of general health, based on life tables and related techniques;
- Describe past trends and explore future developments in population health;
- Assess the public health impact of intervention programmes through health impact assessment
It is compulsory for students in the two year full time MSc Health Sciences, specialisation Public Health.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.