Leadership and Teamwork [SC11]
Detailed information about this course:
As a researcher, knowing how to organize teamwork or even lead a research group, might be equally important as knowing how to do research. How do you make sure you as a team reach your goals in time? Can you improve your teamwork dynamics?
This full-day workshop on teamwork and leadership is organized in collaboration with STeLA Europe (Science and Technology Leadership Association), an organization that brings science and engineering students together from prestigious universities worldwide to provide leadership education and facilitate multicultural dialogue on global issues. By means of material based on the distributed leadership theory, developed at MIT, STeLA will provide you with the skills to shape your teams to let teamwork flourish. STeLA will challenge you throughout the day in multiple intense teamwork sessions.
To learn more about STeLA, please visit their website at https://www.stela-global.org/.
In this one-day course, students:
- Learn basic principles of different leadership theories and how they have evolved;
- Learn about models to analyze team dynamics;
- Learn about the four principle leadership skills by the distributed leadership theory;
- Are able to reflect on their role in a team in the context of the learned theory about team roles and leadership skills.
Students in the MSc Health Sciences programme (120 EC) and MSc Clinical Research programme (120 EC).
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for participation of Erasmus MC PhD candidates
Please note that in case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above and Erasmus MC PhD candidates).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.