4 meetings throughout the year, with an introductory meeting on 18 December 2019.
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
Intervision is a method to collaboratively analyse the experiences you (have) come across during your research project and study programme in a practical and systematic way, together with your peers. This analyses leads to solutions, alternatives and advice, and will often also give you more insight into your own functioning.
Examples of experiences you can discuss during the intervision are: experiences during your research phase (e.g. dealing with hierarchy or work load), personal experiences (e.g. giving presentations), succes experiences (e.g. something you were not looking forward to went very well), or other experiences.
The intervision sessions serve two purposes: they are meant to teach you reflective skills, and to help you work on solutions to problems you have faced or are facing during your research project and study programme.
The intervision course consists of 4 meetings (1-2 hours each) spread out through the year, with an introductory meeting on 18 December 2019.
To be able to reflect on their own actions and skills during your research phase and at later stages, students learn the following skills:
- Putting their own actions, thoughts and feelings into words in a concrete manner;
- Analyzing their own actions in such a way that it leads to a better understanding of those actions;
- Generalyzing your own actions in a specific situations to other situations, and drawing conclusions from this;
- Responding to the advice from peers and test this advice for usefulness;
- Asking clarifying questions to peers sharing their experiences;
- Analyzing the experiences of peers;
- Advising peers based on this analysis;
- Giving and receiving feedback;
- Taking responsibility for the group process.
This course is open to NIHES Master of Science students only.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.