Intercultural Communication [SC13]
One day course: 3, 8, 9 or 10 June
Detailed information about this course:
The course Intercultural Communication consists of two workshops (3 hours each). The first workshop is aimed at increasing students’ self-awareness and reflexivity regarding their own cultural background and their individual intercultural competences. The second workshop will provide hands-on training to increase these competences, using interactive games, roleplaying, and/or practical exercises. The course and training materials will be based on recent scientific insights in intercultural competence and intercultural training effectiveness.
In this course, students
- Learn the basic principles of intercultural communication
- Gain insights in their own intercultural competences
- Reflect on ways to improve intercultural communication in their study or work environment
This course is open to NIHES Master of Science students only.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.