The Body-Mind Connection [SC14]
This course consists of four 2-hour meetings, organized on May 4, May 11, May 25, and June 8 (all Tuesdays).
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
During this course we will explore how the evidence-informed practice of embodied awareness can be beneficial to increase resilience and prevent burnout. Chronic stress can lead to physical and emotional fatigue, disengagement, feelings of reduced accomplishment, and a myriad of physical ailments – these are signs and symptoms of burnout. We know the problem is caused by both organizational and individual factors and that a systems approach is necessary. We also know that developing our own personal skills are undervalued and overlooked – that is something we can guide you with and that is the purpose of this course.
Our purpose is to provide participants with insight into their own reactions through experiential learning. Also, we will provide practical tools to take good care of yourself. The tools will help you to stay clear headed, calm and focused while making critical decisions and having to perform in a stressful environment.
Teaching method: Online group sessions with interactive exercises performed in pairs or trios.
In this course, students:
- Learn about the inseparable connection between body and mind and how to beneficially use that to take better care of oneself.
- Learn about the relationship of embodiment and the interaction with oneself and others.
- Are able to stay calm and focused while under pressure.
- Are able to embody qualities necessary to enhance their own health and the health of others.
- Are able to feel how they are doing and know what they need to sustain their own health and create healthy boundaries.
This course is open to NIHES Master of Science students only.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.