- 2020 Education Prize awarded to all faculty
- Virtual Graduation Ceremony
- Recording available: Health Sciences & Clinical Research
- Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Message
- Cancelled – EMC Master Open Day 17 March
- Erasmus MC Master Open Day 17 March
- Repeated Measurement [CE08] is fully online!
- Maryam Kavousi appointed member of The Young Academy
- Epidemiologist A registration for NIHES
- Winner SMDM Fellowship
- Master Open Day 27 November
- The Professor H.W. Lambers Prize
- Last call Erasmus Summer Programme 2019
- Erasmus Summer Programme 2019
- “Preferences for Health and Money” survey
- Create your own event
- NIHES Alumni
- NIHES Graduation 2018
- NIHES Alumni Network
- Erasmus Summer Programme 2018
- A mentor as sparring partner
- Valedictory Lecture Prof.dr. Albert Hofman
- Wanted: Coaches for EUR’s first International Coach Café
- Keynote speakers at Women’s Health course
- EURly Christmas Eve
- Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Alliance
- NIHES-Erasmus MC to cooperate with Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
- Rotterdam, a city like no other
Publicated: 01 Jun, 2020
NIHES goes online
NIHES education continuation
Mid-March COVID-19 threw some challenges at our feet that we had to tackle. We had to reschedule courses and find alternative (online) ways to offer classes and exams. Fortunately for us, we always had the ambition to share knowledge beyond borders and offer our courses in an online format. We had already begun this process during last year and have been able to successfully launch some of our courses. During the last couple of months we had to speed things up, so we put a heavy focus on innovation in the academic space in order to continue to deliver our educational activities.
Without the dedication and hard work of our faculty and staff we would never have been able to pull this off in such a short time. We are very thankful and pleased that we can now offer all of our courses online until the end of this year.
What does this look like?
Just like in-class learning, our online learning offers a rich, interactive learning experience that includes web lectures and regular virtual contact with your peers and the lecturers. The courses are set up with a clear structure and logical gradual build-up. Many courses facilitate interaction among fellow students using discussion boards, live chat, virtual break-out sessions, quizzes, etc. Outside the course there is also opportunity to connect with your fellow students in organized ‘bonding & belonging’ events. The estimated workload will be indicated per course and you will receive technical and personal support along the way. Note that the starting dates of courses, and dates of exams are fixed, and active participation will be required.
Go here to view the courses we offer.Back to news overview