Qualitative Research Methods in Medicine [EL030]
Course spans 5 full days
Dr. M. Lugtenberg, Dr. J.A.C. Rietjens, Dr. L.W. Kranenburg
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
Qualitative research is becoming more prominent in medicine and health care. In this 5-day course, students will be introduced to the basic principles of qualitative research methods in medicine. Students will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to design, conduct and report on qualitative research. In addition, the basic principles of data-analysis using the qualitative data analysis program NVivo will be taught.
After this course, students are able to:
- Understand the scientific paradigm of qualitative research.
- Develop an appropriate qualitative research question and research protocol.
- Conduct an (online or face to face) in-depth interview and focus group.
- Apply the basic principles of qualitative data analysis using the qualitative data analysis program NVivo.
- Critically assess the rigor of a qualitative study.
Master- and PhD-students and other researchers who have no or limited experience with qualitative research.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE: This does not apply to the fee of the research master programmes (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for Erasmus MC PhD candidates, provided they have an account in Hora Finita, the Erasmus University PhD registration system.
In case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
25% reduction for all (international) PhD candidates without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD candidate.