Topics in Meta-analysis [ESP15]
Monday to Friday (5 mornings)
Prof. Matthias Egger and Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Introductory level background in epidemiology and biostatistics.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Matthias Egger, MD MSc FFPH and Marcel Zwahlen, PhD
Introductory lecture: Why do we need systematic reviews and meta-analyses?
Lecture / pen and paper practical: Measures of association
Lecture: Basic statistical methods
Basic meta-analysis in Stata
Lecture / demonstration: Identifying relevant studies
Practical: Identifying relevant studies in PubMed
Lecture Assessing quality and risk of bias
Lecture The scope of meta-analysis: Meta-analysis of observational studies
Case study / group work: How good is this meta-analysis?
Case study / group presentations How good is this meta-analysis?
Lecture Explaining heterogeneity and detecting bias
Lecture / case study Individual participant data (IPD) meta-analysis
Lecture Meta-analysis of dose-response relationships in epidemiology
Computer practical Advanced meta-analysis in Stata I & II
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 ECTS)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your tutor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field).