Practice of Epidemiologic Analysis [ESP65]
Monday to Friday (5 mornings)
Prof. Kamran Ikram
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
None, though basic understanding of epidemiology is helpful.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Kamran Ikram, MD PhD
This is a course in which the theoretical background and practical application of basic epidemiologic analytic tools is discussed. Special attention will be paid on issues such as normalization, standardization, and categorization, combining multiple variables, combining multiple sources etc. The goal is to provide students with the understanding and tools to perform epidemiologic data analysis.
- To gain a better understanding of issues concerned with categorization and dichotomization of variables
- To better understand the usage of normalization and standardization
- To learn different methods to combine data from multiple sources
The course is particularly intended for students who have completed their data collection and move towards data analysis. No prior knowledge is required although understanding of basic epidemiology is helpful.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.