Logistic Regression [ESP66]
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
Prof. Stanley Lemeshow
A solid first course on applied statistics, including regression analysis.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Stanley Lemeshow, PhD
This course provides theoretical and practical training for biostatisticians, epidemiologists and professionals of related disciplines in statistical modeling with particular emphasis on logistic regression. The increasingly popular logistic regression model has become the standard method for regression analysis of binary, multinomial and ordinal response data in the health sciences.
10.00 - 12.00 hrs Practicum (option to choose morning or evening Practicum)
13.00 - 17.00 hrs Classes
17.00 - 19.00 hrs Practicum (option to choose morning or evening Practicum)
//Please note that the course information is subject to change and will be updated from time to time. We will do our utmost best to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information on this website.//
Participants will learn to understand the logistic regression and be able to apply it to real data sets. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of the logistic regression model
- Understand the interpretation of the coefficients in the model
- Understand the similarities and differences between logistic regression and classical contingency table analysis
- Learn how to use the model to control for confounding and interpret effect modification
- Learn how to assess model performance
- Learn to model response variables that have more than two outcome levels
Epidemiologists, biostatisticians, researchers in clinical medicine, researchers in the social sciences.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.