Advances in Clinical Epidemiology [ESP77]
Monday to Friday (5 afternoons)
Prof. Albert Hofman
Introductory course in epidemiology.
- Clinical Epidemiology
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Albert Hofman, MD PhD
This course will discuss recent developments in epidemiologic methods for clinical research. It will review the various study designs and major issues in the validity of clinical epidemiologic studies. Advances in the design of clinical trials will be discussed. The application of novel causal inference methods and the use of instrumental variables will be addressed.
The course includes both didactic interactive lectures as well as discussions and workshops. The workshops will provide the opportunity to discuss, in greater depth, the principles covered in the lectures.
The purpose of this class is to discuss the principles and methods of epidemiology for quantitative clinical research, i.e. clinical epidemiology; to demonstrate their applicability in research in clinical medicine; and to demonstrate their relations with public health research.
Epidemiologists, clinicians interested in research, public health scientists with an interest in clinical medicine and practice.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your supervisor/promotor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.