Gender and Health [ESP78]
Monday to Friday (5 mornings)
Dr. Maryam Kavousi, Dr. Jeanine Roeters van Lennep, invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Dr. Maryam Kavousi MD PhD, Dr. Jeanine Roeters van Lennep MD PhD
To realize gender equality in health care, sex and gender dimension needs to be integrated in all aspects of research and clinical practice. This course brings together experts from a multitude of disciplines including clinical, basic science, public health and policy and provides participants with resources that will assist them in developing and strengthening gender-equal clinical care and research programs. The course will focus on the critical health issues for women and men through the life cycle, challenges of integrating sex and gender from the health research, practice, and policy perspectives, as well as strategies to address these challenges.
This course is formerly known as Women’s Health (NIHES EP19).
Teaching methods: Interactive lectures
Our main purpose is to provide participants interested in improving gender-equal health and well-being with essential knowledge and principle skills from several disciplines.
Through lectures and interactive debates, at the end of the course, participants will have developed:
• An understanding of the critical issues in women's and men’s health through the life cycle
• An ability to identify different factors affecting gender equality in health care
• Perspectives on advancing gender-equal health in primary and secondary health care settings.
The course is suitable for undergraduate medical students, clinicians, health scientists, and those contemplating or doing a Masters or PhD in a related area.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your supervisor/promotor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.