Gender in Research: Workshops [ESP79]
Monday to Friday (5 afternoons)
Dr. Maryam Kavousi, invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
ESP78 Gender and Health (8.45 AM – 11.45 AM)
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Maryam Kavousi, MD PhD, Coordinator: Miranda van Duijn PhD
During this workshop, we will explain how sex and gender can be included in the various phases of the research process. The workshop will focus on choices in design, methods and analysis. In addition, attention is paid to research team composition, publications and gender-sensitive implementation.
Our main purpose is to provide participants with insight into methods for incorporating sex and gender in research. Participants will also be divided into small groups to work on several projects. As such, this workshop will serve to form new communities of young, talented researchers who can join forces on addressing different gender-sensitive topics in future.
Teaching methods: Interactive lectures, exercises, practicals
• Provide participants with insight on how to take sex and gender into consideration in each step of the research process.
• Form an international network of promising researchers who can inspire each other and work together in the future.
• Provide participants with perspectives regarding the role of research funders in advancing sex and gender knowledge across different themes of health research.
• PhD students and scientists at the beginning of their career (maximum 5 years of experience after PhD).
• Those interested in how to include sex and gender in the various phases of clinical, public health, and epidemiological research.
The ZonMw Gender and Health Knowledge Program will provide 20 Gender in Research Fellowships for PhD-students and post-doctoral trainees to attend the Gender and Health course and participate in the Gender in Research workshop at the Erasmus Summer Programme in August in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Eligibility and assessment criteria as well as the application form can be found on: https://www.zonmw.nl/nl/subsidies/openstaande-subsidieoproepen/detail/item/gender-in-research-fellowship-3/
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.