Gender in Research: Workshops [ESP79]
Monday to Friday (5 afternoons)
Dr. Maryam Kavousi, invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
ESP78 Gender and Health (8.45 AM – 11.45 AM)
This course is not available as an elective for NIHES Master students.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Maryam Kavousi, MD PhD, Coordinator: Miranda van Duijn PhD
During this workshop, we will explain how sex and gender can be included in the various phases of the research process. The workshop will focus on choices in design, methods and analysis. In addition, attention is paid to research team composition, publications and gender-sensitive implementation.
Our main purpose is to provide participants with insight into methods for incorporating sex and gender in research. Participants will also be divided into small groups to work on several projects. As such, this workshop will serve to form new communities of young, talented researchers who can join forces on addressing different gender-sensitive topics in future.
Teaching methods: Interactive lectures, exercises, practicals
• Provide participants with insight on how to take sex and gender into consideration in each step of the research process.
• Form an international network of promising researchers who can inspire each other and work together in the future.
• Provide participants with perspectives regarding the role of research funders in advancing sex and gender knowledge across different themes of health research.
• PhD students and scientists at the beginning of their career (maximum 5 years of experience after PhD).
• Those interested in how to include sex and gender in the various phases of clinical, public health, and epidemiological research.
The ZonMw Gender and Health Knowledge Program will provide 20 Gender in Research Fellowships for PhD-students and post-doctoral trainees to attend the Gender and Health course and participate in the Gender in Research workshop at the Erasmus Summer Programme in August in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE: This does not apply to the fee of the research master programmes (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for Erasmus MC PhD candidates, provided they have an account in Hora Finita, the Erasmus University PhD registration system.
In case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
25% reduction for all (international) PhD candidates without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD candidate.