4 meetings throughout the year, with an introductory meeting in early September.
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Detailed information about this course:
Intervision is a method to collaboratively analyse the experiences you (have) come across during your research project and study programme in a practical and systematic way, together with your peers. This analyses leads to solutions, alternatives and advice, and will often also give you more insight into your own functioning.
Examples of experiences you can discuss during the intervision are: experiences during your research phase (e.g. dealing with hierarchy or work load), personal experiences (e.g. giving presentations), succes experiences (e.g. something you were not looking forward to went very well), or other experiences.
The intervision sessions serve two purposes: they are meant to teach you reflective skills, and to help you work on solutions to problems you have faced or are facing during your research project and study programme.
The intervision course consists of 4 meetings (1-2 hours each) spread out through the year, with an introductory meeting in September.
To be able to reflect on their own actions and skills during your research phase and at later stages, students learn the following skills:
- Putting their own actions, thoughts and feelings into words in a concrete manner;
- Analyzing their own actions in such a way that it leads to a better understanding of those actions;
- Generalyzing your own actions in a specific situations to other situations, and drawing conclusions from this;
- Responding to the advice from peers and test this advice for usefulness;
- Asking clarifying questions to peers sharing their experiences;
- Analyzing the experiences of peers;
- Advising peers based on this analysis;
- Giving and receiving feedback;
- Taking responsibility for the group process.
This course is open to NIHES Master of Science students only.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE: This does not apply to the fee of the research master programmes (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for Erasmus MC PhD candidates, provided they have an account in Hora Finita, the Erasmus University PhD registration system.
In case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
25% reduction for all (international) PhD candidates without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD candidate.