Suggested timeline & Application deadlines
For international students who want to start their MSc/Postgraduate programme in the next academic year
The suggested timeline below helps you to prepare your application in time for the next academic year. If you need to receive the decision about your application for one of our programmes before a certain date to be able to apply for financial aid, please keep in mind that processing a complete application takes us four to six weeks. Note that application is possible all year, but keep in mind the application submission deadlines mentioned below.
September to December
- Explore the available programmes and the eligibility requirements.
- Review the application requirements.
- Begin researching financial aid and check deadline for application in case you want to apply for a fellowship programme
- If required, schedule the TOEFL or IELTS test to be taken no later than January for paper-based exams and February for computer-based and/or Internet-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
- Contact your recommenders and ask for Letters of Recommendation.
- Request official transcripts from universities attended.
January and February
Fill out the online application form.
First application submission deadline for most programmes. The submission deadline differs depending on which group you belong to:
- Non-EU applicants: 1 March
- Erasmus MC medical students: 1 April (strictly enforced)
- EU applicants or non-EU applicants that do not need housing or visa: 1 April
Application submission after these deadlines is possible, except for Erasmus MC medical students. However, we cannot guarantee that late applications will be assessed in time. For Erasmus MC medical students the application deadline of 1 April is strictly enforced because of the further application procedure.
March, April and May
Applicants will be notified of decisions via email and by regular mail, four to six weeks after receipt of their complete application.
Part-time students will receive an invitation for an information meeting about planning their programme.
The master programmes in Health Sciences start in the first week of September.