Suggested timeline & Application deadlines
For international students who want to start their MSc/Postgraduate programme in the next academic year
Please note that application is possible all year though. The suggested timeline below helps you to prepare your application in time for the next academic year. If you need to receive the decision about your application for one of our programmes before a certain date to be able to apply for financial aid, please keep in mind that processing a complete application takes us four to six weeks.
September to December
- Explore the available programmes and the eligibility requirements.
- Review the application requirements.
- Begin researching financial aid and check deadline for application in case you want to apply for a fellowship programme
- If required, schedule the TOEFL or IELTS test to be taken no later than January for paper-based exams and February for computer-based and/or Internet-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
- Contact your recommenders and ask for Letters of Recommendation.
- Request official transcripts from universities attended.
January and February
Fill out the online application form.
Application submission deadline for most programmes, unless you do not need housing or visa. In that case the deadline for admission is May 1st. Application submission after these deadlines is possible, but in that case we cannot guarantee that you will be able to start with you study programme in time.
March, April and May
Applicants will be notified of decisions via email and by regular mail, four to six weeks after receipt of their complete application.
The NIHES programme starts with courses during the Erasmus Summer Programme (ESP). This year the ESP runs from August 9 – 27 2021, after which students continue on to further NIHES courses. Please note that there is no additional break between the ESP and regular courses.