Sustainable Public Health [EL025]
Full course days
Prof.dr. Frank van Lenthe, Invited guest speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
In the ‘2030 Agenda for sustainable development’, the United Nations described 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including interrelated goals on poverty reduction, population health, the living environment, and climate change. Achieving these goals requires multidisciplinary and international collaboration, in which public health experts also need to play an important role. This course is focussed on three important questions: What is the evidence for these connections, which public health interventions can synergistically work towards a sustainable future, and how to advise local or national governments best about this? Although priorities differ between countries, these questions are universal.
The programme consists of ‘capita selected lectures’, lectures and training in valorisation, and a group exercise.
After this course, students:
- Understand and can describe links between sustainable development goals and public health based;
- Understand main research methods and approaches for generating research evidence to inform policy and improve public health and health systems;
- Understand the role of scientific evidence in public health policy making and the factors that inhibit or facilitate the adoption of policies at different levels.
This course is a highly recommended elective for students with a major in public health epidemiology.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for participation of Erasmus MC PhD candidates
Please note that in case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above and Erasmus MC PhD candidates).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.