Monday to Friday (5 mornings)
Prof. Bruno Stricker
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Principles of Research in Medicine and Epidemiology or equivalent knowledge.
- Pharmaco Epidemiology
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Bruno Stricker, PhD
Pharmaco-epidemiology pertains to the study of the use and of the effects of drugs. It links clinical pharmacology and epidemiology. This course provides, at an intermediate level, the theoretical basis for studying the intended effects as well as the adverse effects of drugs used in humans. The course will mainly focus on drug research after marketing, including post marketing surveillance and drug risk assessment.
This course is intended for those who already followed introductory courses in study design, data-analysis and principles of research in medicine.
Plenary interactive teaching with real-life examples and exercises
- To know more about study designs in pharmaco-epidemiology;
- To know how to address exposure as a determinant;
- To know more about drug-specific bias and confounding.
The course is meant for those for whom drug safety and effectiveness research is a part of their current or future professional career. Examples are: clinical epidemiologists, healthcare workers, regulators, and doctors in the pharmaceutical industry.
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Institute of Medical Education Research Rotterdam (iMERR)
Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital
- Department of Cancer Epidemiology
25% reduction on our fees for partner institutes of NIHES
For participants formally appointed at the following departments, institutes:
- Departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above)
- Addiction Research Institute (IVO)
- Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid (IKZ)
- Pallas Health Research and Consultancy
- Municipal Health Service Amsterdam (GGD Amsterdam)
- Municipal Health Service Rotterdam (GGD Rotterdam)
- Admiraal De Ruyter Ziekenhuis
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please state your supervisor/promotor’s name and email address on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.