Public Health Research: Intervention Development and Evaluation [HS02c]
Weekdays, except Wednesday
Frank van Lenthe, PhD , and others
Methods of Public Health Research (ESP11), Analysis of Population Health (HS02a) and Analysis of Determinants (HS02b)
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
Public Health Research: from Epidemiology to Health Promotion
Module: Intervention Development and Evaluation.
This module elaborates on the intervention development, implementation and evaluation phases in the model of planned promotion of public health.
- be introduced to strategies and opportunities of primary and secondary prevention;
- learn how to work from determinants to interventions, i.e. how to translate determinants into intervention goals and intervention components and;
- learn about the opportunities and challenges of evaluation of primary and secondary prevention interventions and;
- be introduced to theory and challenges in dissemination of prevention interventions.
The course uses examples from health behaviour change, cancer screening, and vaccination.
Note: HS02a, HS02b and HS02c will be tested after the HS02c course! If you are taking all three courses, you need to pass all three courses separately.
- to understand the important strategies for prevention;
- to have basic insight into the process of prevention intervention development;
- to have knowledge of the opportunities and barriers in evaluation of prevention interventions;
- to have skills to choose and apply the different research designs that can be used in evaluation of prevention intervention.
Attendance, Written exam, Assignment(s)
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
No fees are charged for participation of Erasmus MC PhD candidates
Please note that in case of cancellation or no show, the cancellation policy applies based on the full course fee.
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students without formal appointment at Erasmus MC
Upon receipt of your application you will receive a request to upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student.