Public Health Research: Intervention Development and Evaluation [HS02c]
Weekdays, except Wednesday
Frank van Lenthe, PhD , and others
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
Methods of Public Health Research (ESP11), Analysis of Population Health (HS02a) and Analysis of Determinants (HS02b)
- Public Health
Detailed information about this course:
Public Health Research: from Epidemiology to Health Promotion
Module: Intervention Development and Evaluation.
This module elaborates on the intervention development, implementation and evaluation phases in the model of planned promotion of public health.
- be introduced to strategies and opportunities of primary and secondary prevention;
- learn how to work from determinants to interventions, i.e. how to translate determinants into intervention goals and intervention components and;
- learn about the opportunities and challenges of evaluation of primary and secondary prevention interventions and;
- be introduced to theory and challenges in dissemination of prevention interventions.
The course uses examples from health behaviour change, cancer screening, and vaccination.
Note: HS02a, HS02b and HS02c will be tested after the HS02c course! If you are taking all three courses, you need to pass all three courses separately.
- to understand the important strategies for prevention;
- to have basic insight into the process of prevention intervention development;
- to have knowledge of the opportunities and barriers in evaluation of prevention interventions;
- to have skills to choose and apply the different research designs that can be used in evaluation of prevention intervention.
Attendance, Written exam, Assignment(s)
Reduction on fees
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RESEARCH MASTERS (120 EC points)
50% reduction on our fees for participating institutes of NIHES
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the departments or sections participating in NIHES.
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Psychiatry, Section of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology
- Department of Medical Informatics
- Department of General Practice
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
- Generation R
50% reduction on our fees for NIHES affiliated partners
This 50% reduction is offered to participants formally appointed at the following NIHES affiliated partners:
University Medical Center Rotterdam/Erasmus University Rotterdam, departments of:
- General Paediatrics
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Rehabilitation Medicine
UMIT, Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment.
25% reduction on our fees for Erasmus MC employees
For participants formally appointed at all departments of Erasmus MC (except the departments mentioned above).
25% reduction for all (international) PhD students
Please upload proof of enrollment as a PhD student in the application form and state the name of your tutor on the application form (remarks field).
25% reduction on our course fees (maximum 3 EC points per academic year) for all NIHES alumni
Please state that you are a NIHES alumnus/alumna and the academic year you graduated (remarks field). Please note that the reduction on fees for alumni does not apply to the Erasmus Summer Programme.