- Most of our teaching to be online this fall
- Join our Master Open Day on 23 March 2021
- Call for participants in DESTRESS Study
- 800.000 Euro Vidi Grant winner
- Verhulst Award for NIHES Alumnus!
- Revised NIHES Curriculum on the way
- 2020 Education Prize awarded to all faculty
- Virtual Graduation Ceremony
- Recording available: Health Sciences & Clinical Research
- Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Message
- Repeated Measurement [CE08] is fully online!
- Epidemiologist A registration for NIHES
- Winner SMDM Fellowship
- The Professor H.W. Lambers Prize
- Last call Erasmus Summer Programme 2019
- Erasmus Summer Programme 2019
- “Preferences for Health and Money” survey
- Create your own event
- NIHES Alumni
- NIHES Graduation 2018
- NIHES Alumni Network
- Erasmus Summer Programme 2018
- A mentor as sparring partner
- Valedictory Lecture Prof.dr. Albert Hofman
- Wanted: Coaches for EUR’s first International Coach Café
- Keynote speakers at Women’s Health course
- EURly Christmas Eve
- Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Alliance
- NIHES-Erasmus MC to cooperate with Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
- Rotterdam, a city like no other
Publicated: 17 Dec, 2019
Maryam Kavousi appointed member of The Young Academy
Faculty member Maryam Kavousi, MD PhD and Associate Professor of Cardiometabolic Epidemiology at Erasmus MC has been appointed as a member of The Young Academy for the period of 2020 – 2025.
The Young Academy, a part of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, is a dynamic and innovative interdisciplinary group of young top scientists who focus on science policy and the interface between science and society.
Kavousi studies the epidemiology of cardio-metabolic disorders with an emphasis on gender differences. She has contributed to the development of (inter) national guidelines for the prediction and management of cardiovascular disorders. With her passion for inclusiveness in science, she will dedicate her time at The Young Academy to support the young talents in science and promote diversity in research.
Maryam Kavousi was nominated by the rector magnificus of the Erasmus University and The Dutch Network of Women Professors (LNVH). She will be joining another familiar face, Arfan Ikram, at The Young Academy.Back to news overview